Thursday, April 18, 2013

Jessie Ware: VH-1 Gets It Right. Declares Singer One “You Oughta Know”


I’ve been seeing the video for Jessie Ware’s Wildest Moments. I have to be honest that I’ve seen parts of it a few times, enough to hear its chorus, yet the slow-moving video created an all-too-effective tranquil feeling, so I flipped past it. Guess I wasn’t in the mood to be tranquil at those specific moments.

However, I caught the video early this morning on VH-1, as they featured the UK singer as part of their “You Oughta Know” family of artists. The initial sound of chirping birds, then the sudden introduction of heavy drumbeats captured my attention; Ware’s ethereal vocal kept it. The video, shot in a single fluid take, shows Ware sitting on a revolving chair, giving this particular viewer the opportunity to embrace the tranquil, over coffee, early in the morning.

Her shadowy silhouette quickly reveals a beautifully lit face, captured wonderfully whenever her seductive eyes glance up toward the ceiling. The quiet rotation also inspires, as focusing on a gold bar on the back of her white collar, even her gold earrings, almost bring about a meditative session. I’m glad I stopped my incessant channel flipping for at least 4:05. You oughta watch, Jessie Ware’s Wildest Moments.



Ware’s latest single is entitled, Imagine It Was Us. A smooth step back to the sound of 90s dance music. Think Kristine W (Land of the Living), Crystal Waters (Gypsy Woman; 100% Pure Love), Groove Theory (Tell Me), or the like. BSo



No comments:

Post a Comment