Friday, March 29, 2013

Dose of Minogue: “All I See” Acoustic


With opening lyrics, such as:

“Weekend has arrived
Everybody’s trying to find something to get into
My friends wanna go out, but I can’t cancel my plans…”

It just feels like a Friday kind of song. This black-and-white video of an acoustic version of Kylie’s 2007 song, All I See features her X 2008 tour musicians: Dawn Joseph (in blond braids), Roxy Rizzo (center), and the keyboardist and musical director, Sarah deCourcy on backing vocals; on guitar, Adrian Eccleston; on bass, Jenni Tarma. Kylie takes the lead, singing of the sharp, pinpointed focus she has for a love, best felt with her partner on the dance floor. “Doesn’t matter what’s going on or who’s around us/All I see is you.” Kylie keeps the quick syncopated pace of the lyrics in order, especially noteworthy at: “DJ, spin my record again.” She ends the version with a beautiful harmony at 3:06, followed by the classic Kylie grin, as she takes out an in-ear monitor. Smooth and comforting is all I see—and all I hear. BSo


No comments:

Post a Comment